| This is the Unit Treasurer, an adult position on a troop, team or crew committee.|
For the youth Venturing position of responsibility, see Crew Treasurer.
The unit treasurer is appointed by the committee chairman to handle troop/team/crew funds, pay bills, maintain accounts, coordinate the annual Friends of Scouting campaign, and supervise fundraising.
Unit committee position
- Troop Committee in a Boy Scout troop
- Team Committee in a Varsity Scout team
- Crew Committee in a Venturing crew
- Handle all troop/team/crew funds. Pay bills on recommendation of the Scoutmaster/Team Coach/Crew Advisor and authorization of the unit committee.
- Maintain the unit’s checking and savings accounts.
- Train and supervise the troop Scribe, Team Secretary or Crew Treasurer in record keeping.
- Keep adequate records in the Troop/Team Record Book.
- Supervise money-earning projects, including obtaining proper authorizations.
- Supervise the camp savings plan.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual troop/team/crew budget.
- Lead the Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Report to the unit committee at each meeting.
- Receive unit income each week from the troop scribe, team secretary or crew treasurer.
| Crew Committee |
|— Adult Application, No. 524-501A |
|— BSA Youth Protection training policy|
- 36 BSA Monthly Troop Programs with Troop Meeting Plans (free & online), Printed: Vol I - Vol II - Vol III - Resources
- Introduction to Leadership Skills for Troops (ILST) - Troop Meeting Planner - Campfire Planner - Resource Survey - Troop Committee Challenge
- Senior Patrol Leaders Handbook - Patrol Leaders Handbook - Scoutmaster Handbook - BSA Nameplates
- Applications: New Unit - Adult Application
- Fundraising, Popcorn, and the importance of Individual Youth Accounts
- Advancement - Advancement Report - First Class-First Year - Advancement Campout - Merit Badge Day - Individual Record
Online or classroom Leader Training
Youth protection (MANDATORY) – every registered adult must be re-certified every two years.
- Fast Start Training – online training you can take right now.
- Leader Specific Training – provides the specialized knowledge a new leader needs.
BSA Online Learning Center – provides a variety of materials courses.
- Other: This Is Scouting (formerly New Leader Essentials) – Roundtable – University of Scouting – Trainer’s EDGE (formerly Trainer Development Conference)
Outdoor Leader Training
In addition to fulfilling other requirements, some unit leaders need outdoor-specific training.
- Cub Scout Pack: BALOO – To have a Pack camp-out, at least one unit leader must be BALOO trained.
- Webelos Den Leaders: Outdoor Leader Skills for Webelos Leaders (OWL) – To have a Webelos Den camp-out.
- Scoutmaster & Assistants and Varsity Scout Coach & Assistants: Introduction to Outdoor Leader Skills – To have a camp-out.
- Wood Badge – Advanced Leadership skills for Cub Scout, Boy Scout, Varsity Scout, Venturing, district and council Scouters.
- Seabadge Underway – Advanced Leadership skills for unit, district and council Sea Scouters.
Other outdoor-related links
|Official Boy Scout Forms & Resources|
|Applications & Reports:||Youth Application||Adult Leader Application||Advancement Report||Uniform Inspections|
|Training Materials:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Online Training:||Youth Protection Training||Safe Swim Defense||Safety Afloat||New Leader|
|Other Guides:||Boy Scout Requirements||Insignia Guide||Scouting Terminology||Leave No Trace|
|Permit Applications:||Permission Slip||Local Tour Permit||National Tour Permit||Unit Money-Earning|
|Medical Exam Forms:||Annual Health and Medical Record 34605||other forms…|