Please note that this is a UserPage, not an article on Scouting or Scouting awards.
Hey, I'm an Air Force brat from Orlando, Florida. I currently reside in a small town near Washington, DC. I have been in Boy (and Cub) Scouting for eight years, in 4 different states. Currently, I am a 13-year old Life Scout (I earned it while I was 12) working on my Eagle, which I hope to achieve before I am 14.
- This user is a Life Scout
- This user is a member of Troop 1577, chartered to Trinity Presbyterian Church in Herndon, VA
- This user resides in the National Capital Area Council
- This user resides in the Powahatan District
- This user is a Den Chief for Pack 1169
- This user has undergone Leadership Training
- This user is a Trainer for new scouts in his Troop
- This user is a Patrol Leader
- This user is a member of the First Year Training Council
- This user is organizing his Eagle Project
- This user has been chosen Acting Assistant Senior Patrol Leader
- This user has completed his Totin' Chip and Firem'n Chit
- This user is qualified to be a Fire Warden
This user has completed the following Merit Badges...
- Family Life
- Citizenship in the Community
- Citizenship in the World
- American Heritage
- Wood Carving
- Emergency Preparedness
- First Aid
- Environmental Science
- Small-Boat Sailing
- Wilderness Survival
And is working on the following...
I plan on attending Philmont Scout Reservation this summer, where I will celebrate my fourteenth birthday. I also plan on attending Impeesa Leadership training camp. If possible, I will teach at the NCAC's Cub Scout Day Camp again next year. I also hope to be inducted into the Order of the Arrow by the time we hold another election. I also am going to try to be elected Senior Patrol Leader sometime before I turn eighteen. I by no means intend to stop Scouting after I have completed my Eagle, and will continue to work with the training program and earn Palms.
Contributions to MeritBadgeDotOrg
I am responsible for helping with several pages that were in need of redirecting. For example, if you entered the search term "Small Boat Sailing", there would be no results. The article is actually entitled "Small-Boat Sailing". Obviously, this might confuse some people, so I created a redirect. Soon after, I noticed several other pages that could use redirects. Soon, "Citizenship in the Country" redirected to "Citizenship in the Nation" and "Merit Badge List" and "List of Merit Badges" redirected to "List of Boy Scout Merit Badges". I also am responsible for the creation of the pages "Scout Oath" and "Outdoor Code", which, admittedly, still need a lot of work. Right now, I am in the process of finishing those pages and starting a page on the Scout Handshake. I have now also begun the Leave No Trace page, and would welcome any assistance I should receive with this project. I also am pushing for a user page template so that user pages can be categorized as such. To contribute to the cause, please see my topic on the discussion page.
- Classic Lit.
- Fantasy Lit.
- Web page design
- Surfing the Web
- Contributing to Wikis
- Posting on forums