Venturing Gold Award
|Line 1:||Line 1:|
<center><big>MeritBadge.Org offers [[Venturing Portal|Venturing]] resources for the [[Venturing Bronze Award|Bronze]], [[Venturing Gold Award|Gold]], [[Venturing Silver Award|Silver]],<br> [[Ranger]], [[Quest]], and [[TRUST Award]]s with links related Venturing [[Awards]].<br>Note that there is also
<center><big>MeritBadge.Org offers [[Venturing Portal|Venturing]] resources for the [[Venturing Bronze Award|Bronze]], [[Venturing Gold Award|Gold]], [[Venturing Silver Award|Silver]],<br> [[Ranger]], [[Quest]], and [[TRUST Award]]s with links related Venturing [[Awards]].<br>Note that there is also Gold [[Eagle Palm]].</big></center><br>
|name= Venturing Gold Award
|name= Venturing Gold Award
Revision as of 18:23, August 5, 2009
Ranger, Quest, and TRUST Awards with links related Venturing Awards.
Note that there is also a Gold Eagle Palm.
|Venturing Gold Award|
1. Gold Award medal
2. Gold Award bar
(white ribbon device).
The Venturing Gold Award builds upon lessons and skill learned in earning one or more Venturing Bronze Award. The main focus of the Gold Award is the construction and completion of personal goals. The gold Award is designed to recognize significant accomplishment in a Venturer's life as he or she has proven outstanding performance in a broad spectrum of activities.
After completion of the Venturing Gold Award, the medal may be awarded at a crew recognition ceremony (similar to a Boy Scout Court of Honor), organized by the youth Vice President - Administration. This award may be presented more than once; it may be awarded again at a school or other venues to promote awareness within the community.
The photo to the right shows the:
- Venturing Gold Award medal.
- The Venturing Gold Award bar device worn above the left pocket of the uniform for daily wear.
Venturers may earn:
- Sports Bronze Award
- Religious and Community Life Bronze Award
- Arts and Hobbies Bronze Award
- Outdoor Bronze Award
- Sea Scout Bronze Award
- Venturing Gold Award
- Venturing Silver Award.
- Expert-level awards
In addition, four of the five bronze awards fulfill partial requirements for Venturers continuing on and earning expert-level awards:
- The Sports Bronze Award requirements are part of the Quest Award.
- The Religious and Community Life Bronze Award part of the TRUST Award.
- The Outdoor Bronze Award part of the Ranger Award.
- The Sea Scout Bronze Award is a duplicate of the Sea Scout Ordinary rank requirements, and is necessary on the trail to earning the Quartermaster Award.
Venturing Gold Award requirements
- 1. Source: Venturing Gold Award Application
- 2. Source: Venturing Gold Award Application
- 3. Found only in Source: 1998 (2006 printing) Venturer Leader Manual (34655E)
Help with these requirements
- Venturing Gold Award on the BSA scouting.org site.