Venturing Leadership Award
|(One intermediate revision not shown.)|
|Line 45:||Line 45:|
|Venturing Leadership Award|
The Venturing Leadership Award is presented by councils, areas, regions, and the BSA National Council to Venturers and, prior to 2012, adults who have made exceptional contributions to Venturing and who exemplify the Venturing Code.
- Be registered and involved as a Venturer for at least one year.
- Be a youth member when nominated for the award.
- Hold a leadership position or an office at the (unit, district, council) – council award, area, region, or national level (as appropriate for the level of the award presented).
- Show exceptional dedication and give outstanding leadership and service to Venturing and to Venturers (on the level appropriate for the award).
Additional Required Elements
- The official nomination form must be used for council, area, region, and national award consideration.
- Attach letters of recommendation from Venturers, Scouters, acquaintances, teachers, place of worship, etc.
- Attach additional sheets, if necessary.
- Attach a picture to the nomination form when submitting. (jpg format preferred, if e-mailing)
- Council: Medallion suspended from blue and white ribbon, No. 4220; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- Area: Medallion suspended from gray and white ribbon, No. 614296 ; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- Region: Medallion suspended from green and white ribbon, No. 606782; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- National: Medallion suspended from red and white ribbon, No. 4222; Certificate, No. 33662; Knot, No. 14220
- Councils may present two awards to youth members per year for up to 50 crews/ships and one additional youth recognition per year for each fraction of 25 crews/ships above 50 (e.g., for 51 registered crews/ships, a total of three youth awards may be presented; for 78 crews/ships, four youth awards may be presented).
- Areas may present 8 awards per year.
- Regions may present 8 awards per year.
- National may present 8 awards per year.
Submit the nomination form to the local council office. Review and approval to be determined by the council VOA or appointed youth panel approved by the Scout executive. Once approved awards may be purchased through the National Distribution Center. Councils may distribute adult VLAs if the paperwork has been submitted before December 31, 2011.
Area, Region or National Award
Submit the nomination form to the national office. Review and approval to be determined by a youth panel appointed by the respective level Venturing Advisor. Once approved awards may be purchased through the National Distribution Center.