Work Sheet for Building a Merit Badge Counselor List
(cat, see also)
|Line 1,068:||Line 1,068:|
[[Category:Merit Badge counseling]]
[[Category:Merit Badge counseling ]]
Revision as of 08:59, April 2, 2008
This work sheet is designed for use by a district or council committee responsible for advancement. It provides a convenient method for building a merit badge counselor list.
In all cases, merit badge counselors must be approved by the district or council committee responsible for advancement and must be registered as an adult leader with the Boy Scouts of America.
How to Use
- 1. Determine the area that the merit badge counselor list must serve.
- 2. Select head counselors for each merit badge group listed inside this work sheet. Enter their names and addresses in the proper spaces.
- The head counselor is responsible for all badges in the group. The counselor is not expected to be an expert in each badge, but should be capable of recruiting those who are qualified.
- The number of counselors required for each badge depends upon the badge's popularity with Scouts.
- 3. Check all existing lists of counselors to determine who are active.
- 4. Obtain a supply of A Guide for Recommending Merit Badge Counselors. These leaflets will help you recruit new counselors.
- Each leaflet tells the merit badge story and includes a form on which an individual may recommend prospective merit badge counselors. Distribute the leaflets at meetings of organizations such as service clubs, professional groups, parents' meetings, and other such meetings. This will produce the names of many prospective counselors for recruiting.
- 5. When this work sheet is complete, use it as a guide for reproducing additional lists for distribution to all units.
- 6. Keep this work sheet updated by continually recruiting new counselors to replace the inactive ones and to meet the increased needs of the Scouts it serves. Reproduce revised lists and distribute them at least annually.
- 7. So that all counselors may learn their jobs, send them a copy of Merit Badge Counseling.
Merit Badge List
This printing includes new merit badge subjects available through December 1999.
Instructions: In the spaces provided below, list the names, addresses, and telephone numbers of head counselors for each of the merit badge groups. To the right of each merit badge, enter the number earned during the past year. Keep this list up to date by adding new merit badge titles in blank spaces as they are announced by your council. This list should be revised annually to include new merit badges and changes of counselors.
|GROUP 1--AGRIBUSINESS||GROUP 8--PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT|
|Head Counselor||Head Counselor|
|No. Earned in 20___||No. Earned in 20___|
|Animal Science||American Cultures|
|Farm Mechanics||American Heritage|
|Plant Science||Citizenship in the Community|
|Citizenship in the Nation|
|Citizenship in the World|
|GROUP 2--ARTS AND CRAFTS||Disabilities Awareness|
|Head Counselor||Family Life|
|No. Earned in 20___||Personal Management|
|Theater||GROUP 9--PHYSICAL SCIENCE|
|Wood Carving||Head Counselor|
|No. Earned in 20___|
|GROUP 3--BUSINESS AND ACTIVITY||Atomic Energy|
|No. Earned in 20___||Electronics|
|Pulp and Paper|
|Head Counselor||No. Earned in 20___|
|No. Earned in 20___||Engineering|
|Environmental Science||Landscape Architecture|
|Fish and Wildlife Management||Law|
|Soil and Water Conservation||Surveying|
|Head Counselor||GROUP 11--PUBLIC SERVICE|
|No. Earned in 20___||Telephone|
|Backpacking||No. Earned in 20___|
|Coin Collecting||Emergency Preparedness|
|Dog Care||First Aid|
|Model Design and Building|
|No. Earned in 20___|
|GROUP 6--NATURAL SCIENCE||Canoeing|
|No. Earned in 20___||Golf|
|Insect Study||Shotgun Shooting|
|Reptile and Amphibian Study||Sports|
|No. Earned in 20___||Address|
|Journalism||No. Earned in 20___|
|No. Earned in 20___|
Merit Badge Counselors
Instructions: Enter the name of each merit badge counselor approved by the proper district or council committee on one of the numbered lines below. Then turn to the merit badge list and place the counselor's number on the line opposite the title of any merit badge in which he or she is qualified to certify Scouts.
|Literature about the merit badge plan and counseling is available at your local council service center:|
|Advancement Guidelines||"Merit Badge Counseling"|
|"A Guide for Recommending Merit Badge Counselors"||"Merit Badge Counselor Information"|
|Boy Scout Requirements|