World Conservation Award
The World Conservation Awards provides an opportunity for individual Scouts to 'think globally' and 'act locally' to preserve and improve our environment. This program is designed to make youth members aware that all nations are closely related through natural resources and that we are interdependent with our world environment.
The design of the badge incorporates the panda logo of the World Wildlife Fund, which sponsors the Award on a worldwide basis with the fleur-de-lis, which is found on or as the basis for many nation's Scouting emblems. The World Conservation Award is earned by Scouts and Venturers in many other nations outside of the United States.
There are three varieties of this patch which distinguish it as an award for a Scout who has completed the requirements outlined for Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, Varsity Scouts or Venturers. Requirements vary in increasing difficulty in correlation with its branch of Scouting, as well as implementing elements of natural rank advancement. While each badge is similar in appearance, each has a subtle characterizing differentiation. Each features the Panda in front of the Scout emblem, however the color scheme of the patch correlates with the branch of scouting it was awarded under: The Cub Scout version of the patch is yellow with a purple border, the Boy Scout/Varsity Scout version is standard BSA khaki and the Venturing version is yellow with a green border (see below).
Boy Scouts: 1. Earn the Enviormental Science Merit Badge
2. Earn one of the following merit badges:
a. Soil and Water Conservation b. Fish and Wildlife Management
3. Earn the Citezenship in the World Merit Badge
- General Resources:
- Conservation Resources: Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge resources - Conservation and Resource Center - Leave No Trace Center - Wildlife Conservation Society
- Bird Resources: Bird Study Merit Badge resources
- Fish Resources: Fishing Merit Badge Requirement resources - American Fisheries Society
- Insect Resources: Insect Study Merit Badge resources
- Mammal Resources: Mammal Study Merit Badge resources
- Reptile & Amphibian Resources: Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge resources - Frog Songs