World Conservation Award (Boy Scouting)
(Difference between revisions)
(add handbook ref, hide notes when transcluded, add level to infobox, move some Notes to MAIN)
|Line 26:||Line 26:|
[[Category:Boy Scout ]]
Revision as of 20:07, August 10, 2008
| Boy Scout|
World Conservation Award
Boy Scout World Conservation Award requirements
You can earn this award as a Boy Scout by earning the following merit badges:
- Environmental Science merit badge.
- Either Soil and Water Conservation OR Fish and Wildlife Management merit badge.
- Citizenship in the World merit badge.
| The official source for the information shown in this article or section is:|
Boy Scout Requirements, 2017 Edition (BSA Supply SKU #637685)
- The World Conservation Award is worn on the uniform shirt, centered on the right pocket as a temporary patch. It can also be worn on the back of a merit badge sash. It does not replace the World Crest on the uniform.
- Unlike the Cub Scout version of the patch, no conservation effort is outlined in the requirements for the Boy Scout version. The reason the volunteer aspect has been dropped in the jump from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts is unclear, as community service oriented projects of maintenance and restoration are common to many requirements for Special Opportunity awards, as well as to Scouting in general. This alteration of approach may be in light of the fact that specific badge requirements encourage the Scout to conduct or participate in a project of their own while working on the badge, and they may very well have already been involved in some type of project while working on the badge. These service-based requirements however, are purely optional, as there are multiple alternatives. It is unclear whether this is in fact a loop hole, or intended by the awards' founders. See Fish and Wildlife Management requirement 5c and Soil and Water Conservation requirement 7f.
- World Conservation Award (Cub Scouting)
- World Conservation Award (Venturing)
- Requirements for the Environmental Science Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Citizenship in the World Merit Badge