World Conservation Award (Boy Scouting)
| Boy Scout|
World Conservation Award
World Conservation Award (Boy Scouting) requirements
You can earn this award as a Boy Scout by completing these requirements:
Note that the requirements for this award must be completed in addition to any similar requirements completed for rank (e.g. service project hours cannot be used for both rank advancement and this award).
Updated requirements are per December 16, 2016 update as shown on the World Conservation Award Application Form - 2016 Printing.
- The World Conservation Award is worn on the uniform shirt, centered on the right pocket as a temporary patch. It can also be worn on the back of a merit badge sash. It does not replace the World Crest on the uniform.
- Unlike the Cub Scout version of the patch, no conservation effort is outlined in the requirements for the Boy Scout version. The reason the volunteer aspect has been dropped in the jump from Cub Scouts to Boy Scouts is unclear, as community service oriented projects of maintenance and restoration are common to many requirements for Special Opportunity awards, as well as to Scouting in general. This alteration of approach may be in light of the fact that specific badge requirements encourage the Scout to conduct or participate in a project of their own while working on the badge, and they may very well have already been involved in some type of project while working on the badge. These service-based requirements however, are purely optional, as there are multiple alternatives. It is unclear whether this is in fact a loop hole, or intended by the awards' founders. See Fish and Wildlife Management requirement 5c and Soil and Water Conservation requirement 7f.
- General Resources:
- Conservation Resources: Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge resources - Conservation and Resource Center - Leave No Trace Center - Wildlife Conservation Society
- Bird Resources: Bird Study Merit Badge resources
- Fish Resources: Fishing Merit Badge Requirement resources - American Fisheries Society
- Insect Resources: Insect Study Merit Badge resources
- Mammal Resources: Mammal Study Merit Badge resources
- Reptile & Amphibian Resources: Reptile and Amphibian Study Merit Badge resources - Frog Songs
- World Conservation Award (Cub Scouting)
- World Conservation Award (Venturing)
- Requirements for the Environmental Science Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Soil and Water Conservation Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Fish and Wildlife Management Merit Badge
- Requirements for the Citizenship in the World Merit Badge